An Army Soldier protects the United Kingdom’s interests at home and abroad, providing a safe and secure environment in which all British citizens can live and prosper. Soldiers need to be fit and healthy and be confident to work in dangerous situations.
- Work in their military occupation i.e. engineering, HR & finance, IT etc
- Practise basic soldier skills
- Carry out physical and strength training
- Help with major disasters
- Combat duties across the world when needed
The British Army is the main employer for this type of career and are based across the whole of the UK. They are a large organisation and employ around 82,230 regular full-time and 30,030 reserve personnel.
This role would be carried out indoors and outside depending on which type of work they were doing. Physical and strength training would be done outside. If your occupation role was IT this would be done inside.
The hours for this would be variable and be dependent on what part of your role you were working on.
Starting at £15,671.
You do not need any GCSE or degree qualifications.